Wednesday, August 24, 2011

France for a day

Sorry for not posting for a while. I have been flat out working my butt off renovating this house and I get home after 11 hours and basically eat, read and go to bed. We had the weekend off though and we had a great time.

We drove to France for Lunch! How cool is that. It's only 45 minutes to the border from here in Germany, so off we went. We had a terrific day and I was so excited from the moment we crossed the border. We went to this sweet little Village and strolled around, went for lunch and then stocked up on some yummy French food to take home. Their were Eclairs, Mousse, Baguettes and Quiches and they were all so so tasty, but the Chocolate Eclairs were UNREAL. Oh my god, do the French know how to make chocolate goo!! The Quiches were very special too. One was made of smelly cheeses and the other smoked Salmon. Gaaaa.

*Click on photos to enlarge




After lunch and shopping we went for a country drive. We switched on the radio and listened to French Classical music as we drove though mountains with wild flowers everywhere and over little streams and bubbling brooks. It was so gorgeous. We went past a beautiful Chateau with the highest hedges I've ever seen. I was sure someone famous was hiding in their "French Holiday Cottage". It was a perfect day. We are defiantly going back soon and next time I want to go to the supermarket and stock up on cheeses and maybe buy a nice Perfume...

2 comments:

  1. French pâtisserie is one of the best! Next time we definetely have to join you. In Strasbourg theres also a really good cheese shop (--> I'm crazy for french cheese!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh so yummy! I would want one of each. Lucky you. Looks like a pretty area.

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys, if you want to comment you can do it without an account, just select name/ URL or anonymous